Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's still raining!

Wow, we are going to float away! It snowed up in the mountains and Snowbird has extended their ski season 'til after Father's Day! I thought it was summer?????




I made this card for my DDSS Lil Sis. The theme for the month is Flower Power. The challenge for the first half of June is a non-floral set to make a floral design. Well, it just so happens that my Lil Sis's 12th anniversary is on the 8th of June! I used Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava and Afternoon Tea DSP. I used the stamp set Bursting With Joy to make the flower, embossing the image (although you can't see it that well!). Then I punched my scallops and made centers for the flowers with a button, chunky glitter and a rhinestone brad. Stitched the stems on my sewing machine and tied a ribbon out of whisper white tafetta. The "Happy Anniversary" stamp is from the set Hugs & Wishes. I used a piece from the Hodgepodge Hardware set to frame the saying.
I made her two flour sack dishtowels stamped in craft ink with the Morning Glory stamp set - to follow the Flower Power theme for the month.
I hope this gift gets to her in time!
Have fun!



0 comments: